Estate Planning - Three Steps to Protect your Family
Meet for an initial, free consultation
• In the initial consultation, we will review your family's goals, options for achieving those goals, and discuss the flat rates for services
Review your Estate Plan
• Based on your consultation, I will prepare your draft Estate Plan for your review. The Estate Plan will include clear explanations of the legal terms.
Meet to sign your Estate Plan
• After any updates or changes are made, we will meet to sign your final Estate Plan. I will keep a copy on file in case of emergency.
Feel free to get started with a consultation
What is Estate Planning?
Estate Planning helps clients avoid unnecessary risk and plan for the future. The following is a summary of services which may be used:
- Will (also known as a Last Will and Testament) - appoints a Guardian to care for minor children, nominates an Executor to administer the transfer of assets through Probate, and designates the individuals who should receive your assets.
- Living Will - describes your preferences on medical treatment if you are no longer able to articulate those decisions to your physician.
- Power of Attorney - elects an individual to act on your behalf if you are unavailable or unable to make decisions on your own.
- Trust - transfers assets while avoiding Probate, limiting creditor claims, and avoiding unnecessary expense.
- Beneficiary Designations - transfers assets to the individuals listed without regard to the terms of your Will or Trust.
What is the investment of time on an Estate Plan?
The typical turnaround time is 2-4 weeks. It is possible to expedite if you an upcoming vacation or have a short timeline.
What is cost for an Estate Plan?
In the initial consultation, we will discuss your goals, options for achieving those goals, and the flat rate for services.
Working with an Estate Planning Attorney
An attorney is essential to the Estate Planning and Probate process. Without an attorney you are going to miss important legal considerations and elements that will have adverse consequences for your family.
In the past, the process of using a law firm may have seemed uncertain; in terms of price and services needed. Elliott provides certainty on with flat rates for services and visual explanations of legal concepts.
Schedule an initial consultation today to discuss your Estate Planning questions with Elliott Stapleton.